Sunday, September 6, 2009

Alice to Tassie




I leave 'Alice' for my upcoming adventure to the Great South Land (Tasmania and then on to the Antarctic), change of scenery and profession as I make my way down to Tasmania to start an intensive 6 weeks of training with the Australian Antarctic Division.

Over the last 2.5 years I have loved to be in this place and that is because of the people. The Alice Springs Cycling Community and St Philips College have been an integral part of why I have been here for this time and intend to return in April/May of 2010. In some ways a sadness comes from knowing what I will miss in the time I am away. Friends, the freedom of the mountain bike trails, way of life but most importantly the girl (George) who is the best thing that has happened to me in recent times.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on making it this far! I am looking forward to reading about your exploits way down South - makes teaching latitide more exciting when I can point out the Antarctic Circle and refer to my friend who will be living there! Enjoy the rest of your time in Tassie.

    Cheers

    Mandy and Stu

    ReplyDelete
  2. We miss you too!!! I think Clarke misses you....those tropic rides are a little lonely for him now. Sounds like all is going well down there. Georgie is throwing awesome parties every night!!!.....just kidding...Cheers.....Clarkey, Juz, Grover and mini-me Petrick xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the thoughts and I will try to keep you all in the loop.

    ReplyDelete