Friday, November 20, 2009

All Hail King Neptune!

Initiation by the King! Yuk! Well a wise women (sister Naomai) asked me if I had crossed over to talking pirate. Funny as it seems me hearties she was right on the money. There had been a number of instances where the activities resembled the days of old. Where Parrot's were for your shoulders, hooks replaced your hand and a wooden stump made do for e peg leg!

Let it be known - That from the salty, salpy depths we stir.
Your ship makes good speed, but time is ours.
And all that cross the veil of South
Must stand before the Ocean's Law.

It is declared that Dave Atkins has paid humble and due honour to this passage and is o sound but watery character.That I, Australis King Neptune, Ruler of the Southern Ocean and its winds, shall take the right to cast an eye upon all those of sodden feet, who wish to cross this Southern realm, and land on icy shores.So, if pleases us that the holder of this certificate be now dubbed a South Polar Sea Dog, to take pride in the brine that will now course through their veins. And that the same South polar Sea Dog be seen to be a true and trusted salt, respecting all, and will know the snaggletooths and sea devils as friends.





This is probably the worst I have smelt for the entire trip and was after I had already cleaned up with some paper towel. The stench of the old fish guts, kitchen scrapes and juices, Vegemite and goodness only knows what else was enough to make some people vomit when the seas were almost calm!



You really cannot see the fish scales and all of the juices down the back of my neck in this photo. to cap it off the crew turned off the showers for a little while very, very funny!

4 comments:

  1. Mostly Vegemite but there is some fish guts and if you look closely probably a couple of scales as I had to kiss the fish then it was put over my head so that I had a fish balaclava on. Only there was nowhere to look out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah ...welcome to the CLub Prof.
    Indeed it must have been a trife scary to receiv e such a visit from the great man.

    I bet his Queen was absolutely sutnning (not).
    Reminds me of me ole navy days, when I crossed the line on a Ship, Submarine and aircraft, but no Antarctica for me.

    We are missing you terribly at Track and Heyburn is still getting beat by the Juniors.

    You'd be all over it.

    Stay safe and I'll check your blog weekly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers Billy I thought that all that stuff would be top secret or is that the life of a true crime fighter? Yes I must say that I bam missing all of the bike aspects! But you may notice I have been out on da ice since the ship. It is now returning to us as we speak via Casey base.

    ReplyDelete